Monday 14 May 2012

The power of performance



I’m so glad to be back in London and back in the studio with my classes and parties. I’m particularly focused on the choreography for my summer show at the moment constantly taking inspiration and developing it into routines that work for the concept of this show.
I want to talk about the power of performance. I first began performing at the young age of five and as a natural performer it gave me an elated feeling of achievement, sensation and euphoria like I could take on the world and was able to achieve anything I wanted! Now let’s be clear that I’ve not gone on to be an international superstar or a major west end sensation. But I am proud of all that I've achieved and have great memories of all of my performance work both as a child and professional. Those experiences will always stay with me and give me a special feeling whenever I think about them.
I’ve been involved choreographically with lots of performances over the years with young people of various standards and there is always a positive outcome of achievement and celebration. With my own shows that I now stage through Dynamic Dance I’m able to be really creative and push my young performers to their limits. I’m able to reward the children who really excel and work hard with solo pieces and give those who lack confidence a real chance to overcome this.
Expression, Freedom, Creativity, Visual, Energy, Beauty, Dynamic. These were the words I chose to have projected onto the stage at the opening of my last show.
Come see us in action on 1st July; it might just inspire you.

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Emily

My photo
London, United Kingdom
'By doing what you love you inspire and awaken the hearts of others' Dance is my passion and I want to share it whilst offering a high standard of dance training to young people. Raised in the north but built in the south, I'm a proud Mum to a two year old boy.