Sunday 9 June 2013

summer time

Summer is here and we have enjoyed some beautiful weather this last week. I took the opportunity to get off the treadmill and run outside instead around Richmond park which has sadly left both of my feet with soft tissue damage.

The impact of running outside for so long when I am not used to such great distance on hard ground has been too much for my little size three feet! I have been in quite a lot of pain and accepted that I really have to take it easy this week. Fortunately lots of my students are advanced enough to take instruction from me which means I'm able to teach and take it easy on my feet. It will be a challenge as being active is so natural to me, I'm barely still for a minute but I will be disciplined and give myself the best possible chance of a quick recovery. Regarding the running I will not be deterred it will just mean a slower build to long distances and some more supportive running shoes!

Our summer extravaganza is just three weeks away now so preparation is in full swing! We have some great stalls planned for the day including Aunty M's cake, an amazing face painter, a raffle with some excellent prizes plus the bouncy castle, drinks stall and fabulous food. We then have the performance from team Dynamic which is going to be wonderful. Highlights will be a beautiful solo performance to Spectrum by Florence and the Justin Timberlake mash up which is my favourite. Tickets are live now at www.dynamicdance.org.uk £10 for adults and £5 for children include entry to the event and the performance.

Places are booking up for our Hot Right Now! summer School at Tiffin Girls in Kingston 5th-9th August! Contact me for more info and to book a place but this will be a really great week and is open to everyone aged 4-16 years £120 for the week.

I will be the red carpet host on Saturday evening for annual summer ball at Holy Cross Prep School Kingston which I'm really looking forward to. Ball gown and mic at the ready!

Enjoy your week everyone.

Emily x






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Emily

My photo
London, United Kingdom
'By doing what you love you inspire and awaken the hearts of others' Dance is my passion and I want to share it whilst offering a high standard of dance training to young people. Raised in the north but built in the south, I'm a proud Mum to a two year old boy.