Monday 30 July 2012

Super summer

We are so incredibly lucky to have enjoyed such beautiful weather over the last couple of weeks! Just in time for the school holidays and the Olympics kicking off, it has been really great and you've probably all felt the electric vibe in London.

I was blown away by the incredible opening ceremony that England presented on Friday evening directed by Danny Boyle. My favourite parts were the simply stunning Dance piece by Akram Khan and the new age techno section with some very talented young performers. Some English history and of course the respects paid to those who lost their lives in the July 2005 bombings made it compassionate and respectful as well as truly entertaining. We loved it and I felt completely inspired and proud to be British.

My summer school, Dancetastic at Sutton High started today and we had Great fun with our street dance theme. Tomorrow is tap then we have ballet, contemporary and commercial jazz before our show on Friday. On Wednesday We will be providing entertainment at the Horniman museum with some great dance Workshops so if you're looking for a great day out come along and join us from 2pm. I will also be entertaining at Sainsburys Balham for their fundraiser on Saturday afternoon from 12-1pm so come along and support the community and join me for some dancing and games.

The will be more news on my extended Dancetatsic summer Schools during August soon. It's turning out to be a busy summer but that's the way I like it. I've had a chance to recharge my batteries and it's great to be back in the studio.

Enjoy the great atmosphere of our super British summer! And if you have any Olympics tickets going spare.....


E x



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Emily

My photo
London, United Kingdom
'By doing what you love you inspire and awaken the hearts of others' Dance is my passion and I want to share it whilst offering a high standard of dance training to young people. Raised in the north but built in the south, I'm a proud Mum to a two year old boy.