Sunday 24 June 2018

TEN



Another few months of no blog posts......! 
Forgive me for those who actually enjoy my blogs and have asked why.

It's been a hectic few months and we had our big show last weekend. 
'TEN' took place on Saturday 16th June at the Hampton Hill Theatre and it was a huge success. Thank you to the students, parents, backstage team, designers, and of course the dancers who were wonderful!

Our show was a celebration of running for Ten years and included Street dance, Musical theatre and Acro styles. The girls all danced beautifully and we had a guest performance from a very talented ex pupil, Andrew Self as well as some awards. It really was a fantastic night and I'm so proud of everyone involved. 


For those who are planning a show in the coming weeks you will know how stressful it is. 
If you haven't been part of a dance show or Theatre production let me tell you it is stressful with a capital S! There is so much work and so many details involved in the planning it requires a full team to co-ordinate. I did it mostly on my own with some help from a very organised and generous parent who stepped in before I drowned in a sea of sequins and spreadsheets! 
Thanks to her I'm still sane and the show went on. 

Speaking of Ten year celebrations we are excited to be part of IYAF this July 
(International Youth Arts Festival, Kingston) who also mark Ten years of this brilliant Arts festival. We will be part of the dance showcase on 10th July at the ACT in Kingston and alongside five other dance companies we will perform an extract from 'TEN'
We can't wait as we loved it last year! Book tickets to see us at
http://iyafestival.org.uk/event/international-dance-showcase/


As the term comes to an end everyone is thinking about summer doubt.  I for one can't wait to have some rest and quality time with my son. 

If you are looking for activities to keep your children entertained look no further than our week long Summer School taking place at Alexandra School in Kingston! This is open to children aged 3 years and over and runs from 30th July- 2nd August. We will explore Street dance, Contemporary and Musical theatre styles with a show at the end of the week. 
Link to book is
https://www.dynamicdancestudios.co.uk/workshops



I will be writing more from now as my weeks free up and I can talk about things which are relevant to dance, fitness and motherhood. I will also be working towards the launch of the ELDance Company which I am so excited about. 

Wishing you a glorious Sunday, I'm off to check the score!

Emily X 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Emily

My photo
London, United Kingdom
'By doing what you love you inspire and awaken the hearts of others' Dance is my passion and I want to share it whilst offering a high standard of dance training to young people. Raised in the north but built in the south, I'm a proud Mum to a two year old boy.